2.10.2008

my eating disorder

... doesnt necessarily mean anorexia but more like bulimia (which refers to excessive eating as opposed to voluntary stavation in anorexia)

Its not official a disorder yet, but I feel like Im coming closer to it.
When I was in Japan or Vietnam, I eat for the pleasure, for the taste, for the art of the food, for the companies of good friends and such.
When I am in America, I eat more for the untraceable crave, the spontanous hobby for junk food, the habit of just spending money for food, the fact that I have nothing else to do than eating (yes, pathetic!), ...
That is quite dangerous now that I start thinking more about it. Anyhows!

----

Just yesterday I said to a friend of mine, "I don't believe in healthy food." I believe in "eating in moderation." In my opinion, there is no such thing as "unhealthy food", there is only "unhealthy choice that people make", and then blame it on the food or the restaurant. Seriously, people in America are exposed to many choices, and of course when it comes to food, they usually tend to choose something in large portions but cost less. However, they do not think about "the cost of getting too much calories when they eat it everyday". So whatever comes comes, which is when they realize they're a bit overweight. And then they start complaining that America doesnt have healthy food. Sorry but it just sounds really ridiculous to me!

So next time, if you look at me and decide to ask me if something is healthy (just cuz I look Asian and I must be a Health Police), ask yourself about the portion of it, and how much times you are eating it, because everything in moderation is always healthy.

No comments: