2.12.2008

if not for the money, what (job) would you be doing?

That was one of the questions Sarju had to answer for her Senior Key Stone class.
She told me about it, and I was just stroke by it, not because I don't know the answer, but just because how significant it is, and no body ever asked such.
I told her, "You wouldn't be an accountant, would you?" And she kinda agreed with me.

Seriously, what would you become if its not for the money? Will you be doing the same thing as you are right now? Are you happy with your career choice? Would you take a secure job and live it off for the rest of your life, or would you rather do something you like, come in to work with a passion but you don't get paid enough to buy brand name stuff? Would you...

1 comment:

MinhNga Nguyen said...

I picked my major not for the money and I said that proudly. Music major, theater major, art major (except for graphic design)... they all picked their major because they're into it. Chances are they're gonna spend the rest of their lives depending on somebody else because they might not be good enough to be the top artist. We all know, we don't care, we're happy.
And do you know why I hate accounting? Millions of people. How many of them really "love" accounting? 10%?
For me, i wont be making as much as the architects, but i'm doing what i want: improving the quality of life (aka fixing the architect's faults) for every social class. Isn't that awesome?