9.02.2008

Jobs updated...


So I guess I kinda have a job. Im not saying it officially yet because only the hiring decision was made but I havent signed any contract yet.

This job can be called translator/interpreter. It might sound easy and simple, but when I actually started doing it, it reveals a lot of interesting dynamics, thats y I decided to keep working here when the economy (everywhere) is still slumping.

What I do is that I basically have a team of 5 (up until now), we have to listen to CNBC news, which airs at 5:00am (In the FREAKING morning), and then translate that news right away, and then our company will rebroadcast CNBC news with Vietnamese voice-over-by-us for our local audiences. Theres very much pressure to it because we basically have to translate a 10 minutes news within 20-25 minutes to make sure we air ontime. However, our company, which is a media company, has not started to broadcast anything yet, so everything we do now is basically practice until NOVEMBER. And its gonna be worst in november, because by then I need to be at the office at 4:30AM .... Luckily the office is quite close to my home. Anyway, there're a couple of pros for this job that I really enjoy:

- Dress code: None (well, of course not too much revealing, but seriously though, I can dress in leggings, a baby doll tee and no one would complain. How sweet is that!!!!)
- Half-day work: I get paid as much as my friends do but I only work half-day. Well, now I work from 5:30 to 12, but once it airs, I can work from 4:30 to 10:00AM and then Im off... Not bad, huh
- Great team: My team consists of 3 girls and 1 guy. They're all young except for the guy (see the pictures for reference, although 1 of them does not belong to my team)... so we all get along so well and have so much in common, like the Japanese obsession, the Japanese style, manga, and a lot more to discover
- No traffic for me: yep, at 5:30AM, I basically have the whole road for my self. Rush-hour in Hanoi is getting crazier day by day... I am so glad I got that off my chest.
- English Practice: Since CNBC broadcasts economics news all around the world, I have actually been learning tremendously about the global economy, the stock market and also listening-to-english-news skill.... I feel a bit ashamed cuz sometimes the team members can hear a lot better than I do... hehe
- Pressure: Working under pressure is probably the best way to be productive for me. Once I stepped in the office, the work begins. I have no time for Yahoo Instant Messaging, Facebook, Forums whatsoevers... I really rather have a part-time job which I can be busy and efficent than a full-time job which I always have spair time to net-surf and not produce anything.

Anyway, thats so update about my job for now. Thanks anyone whos still stopping by :D

3 comments:

Chue said...

congrats on your new job. best of luck.

anachili said...

Way to go Hang - I am sure you'll do great! :)

Hang Pham said...

thank you guys :)