8.08.2008

A little bit about health care in Vietnam

The intention of this article is not generalization!

----
So, as I was preparing documents to apply for jobs in Vietnam, it is required that I had to go to see a doctor for a general health examination. There's a form of list of things that a doctor needs to check with me to make sure I'm fit enough to work for the company.
To make things faster, I decided to go to this private clinic which I always spotted on the way for my designing class. I went in to talk to the receptionist about my work situation and the form I need to be filled. They understood immediately and asked me for 50,000 VND (about US$3). I was stunt so I just gave them the money, then got directed to go upstair for a doctor.

There I was upstair, greeted by another receptionist. He took my form and told me to sit and wait outside. Exactly 5 minutes later, a nurse came out and gave me my form. It was nicely filled with the doctor's handwriting, saying I was normal. Wow, he did not even see me for 1 second and he could totally write about my physical conditions. Anyway, I couldn't be more bothered with a 3-buck examination. He made my business go easier, what more could I ask?

I walked out of the clinic, wondering if thats what service or treatment other patients are receiving.

2 comments:

MinhNga Nguyen said...

they probably have a lot of patients per day coming in just for that. And to make life easier.. well you know. In the US, they only ask for a drug test.

Hang Pham said...

sure it did make my life easier hahaha, but how about other patients? Do doctor just get paid, did a fake medical exam and tell them they were okay, when in fact they're not...