11.18.2008

feeling sufficient?

Pic: Me on the way to "Carrying Tray" for a wedding. I'll explain more about this custom later. 
Pics not so much related to post.

As Xmas is getting near and my friends are coming home (1 already did), usually this is the time when I try to buy a lot of stuff to come home with. And not to mention, the thought of "shit I can never go shopping in the US" almost killed me a bit when I decided to come home. Kinda shallow, but it was true up until...

Yesterday when I was trying to create a list of things I want my friend to bring home to me. I realized... it was NONE! I cant think of a single thing, but before I was always worried whether to get my body shop face wash, my Frutis Hair Wax, my colonge, my cosmetics... now all those materialistic things seem to matter no more.... Hah! Somehow I feel relieved. like something so heavy just blown off from my shoulders.

In Hanoi, I can feel sufficient. No more "materialistic" feeling about being here and not in the US anymore.


Side notes: Yey, Im so excited, Tea is already here. Ngoc Be'o, Nga, My and Nhung Vi.t are coming home!!! I miss them so much!!

1 comment:

MinhNga Nguyen said...

that picture needs to be bigger